Banana Chocolate Breakfast Cookies
Super quick, healthy and delicious breakfast cookies make mornings easier for everyone in your family. Baked in no time with very little prep, these nutrient-dense cookies take just 10 minutes in the oven or air fryer. Oats are a good source of gluten-free carbs. Another nutritional powerhouse, flaxseed, packs omega-3 fatty acids — otherwise known as healthy fats — plus fiber and toxin-fighting lignans. An important note about flaxseed: For optimal absorption, it must be ground or crushed because the body can’t break down the seed to access the omega 3 oils inside. If you buy whole flaxseed, pulse it in a food processor or grind it in a flax mill before adding to recipes. The sweetness in this recipe comes from banana and optional chocolate chips. For more crunch or different flavor, experiment with almond, walnuts or pecans. Who doesn’t love a warm cookie with coffee in the morning?
- 1 cup oats
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons oat milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1. Heat the air fryer or oven to 375 degrees.
- Smash the bananas with a fork in a large mixing bowl until soft and mushy then add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- On a small sheet tray lined with parchment paper, divide the mixture evenly into 6 small balls using a spoon. Gently flatten each one. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
Looking for other easy, healthy recipes from Mint Nutrition? Start here, and be sure to follow Mint Nutrition on Instagram for continued recipes, tips, and insight.
As a certified integrative and functional dietitian, it’s my job to come up with tasty, healthy recipes and meal plans for individuals (neat, I know). To learn more about how my recipes and meals can best serve you and your specific needs, schedule a 15-minute consultation with Mint Nutrition today.